Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This Ain't Livin'

I want to do a sitcom for the homeless..a makeover that is positive..not a sad story of why they are there or how they got there but a new beginning for them...find one for me that wants to work in this society of greed and money hungry corporate executives. Even in the music world they throw a dog a bone sometimes...being at the right place at the right time or just plain who you know. Makes me kinda sick what this world has become but life goes on.
I have been unemployed for the first time in 24 years. I have been job searching for the last 3 months..I have had offers of minimum wage and commission only..I have haggled on benefits and tried to get half my worth to be shot down in flames. I leave and do my best to keep my chin up ..I am a fighter...I am a survivor..when I get knocked down I just get stronger and come up swinging.
Music makes me happy..people make me happy..making people happy by playing music I play is a dream come true...but nobody hires musicians..unless you can make them rich and then they just take it from you or pretend they are your friend in order to take everything you worked hard to get. My bud Dave Munoz and myself are going to change that.
We are in the process of making a cd that will turn into a business..we will accept money from people because they like our music and because they enjoy what we do even more than we do(which is hard to believe).
Sit tight my friends...I am determined to be one of the rare american people who enjoys what they do for a living..and living will be good in this guys future.
I continue my job search and continue to blow them away on my interviews to get callbacks telling me how good I am and how bad they want me to work there...but I don't work anywhere for free..and I will not settle like I have in the past. I don't expect anything other than fairness.
Unemployment is pitiful and insurance is NIL....but I am determined to make things better...watch me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home