Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Show Me The Way


I wonder how you're feeling.There's ringing in my ears.And no one to relate to, 'cept the sea.Who can I believe in,I'm kneeling on the floor.There has to be a force; who do I phone.The stars are out and shining, but all I really want to know.Oh won't you... show me the way.I want you ...show me the way.Well, I can see no reason,You're living on your nerves.When someone drops a cup and I submerge.I'm swimming in a circle.I feel I'm going down.There has to be a fool to play my part.Well someone thought of healing, but all I really want to know,Oh won't you show me the way (every day).I want you... show me the way.I want you... day after day.I wonder if I'm dreaming,I feel so unashamed.I can't believe this is happening... to me.I watch you when you're sleeping, and then I want to take your love.Oh won't you... show me the way (every day).I want you... show me the way (one more time).I want you... day after day.Oh won't you... show me the way (every day).I want you... show me the way (night and day).I want you... day after day.
One of the best songs ever...I remember the posters on my sisters wall of Andy Gibb and Bobby Goldsboro and Peter Frampton. I remember my wall was full of pics of Kristy MCnichol and Farah Fawcwett and Tatum O'neal. I remember Vic had a pic of Mohammed Ali in his bedroom.
It's funny how you remeber stuff that you thought you'd forget or you thought wasn't important at the time. It always goes around like one big circle. I wonder if we forget more than we learn in a lifetime or if we just choose not to remember. It is aparent to me or so it feels like the best years of my life are in the past...it seems everything I did that was fun and effortless was taken for granted and I find myself struggling with more issues and problems and things I have never had to deal with before. Is this the struggle of growing old? Is it not as fun as you make it or as fun as it gets? Life goes on and rather than view history I tend to make it. It is our footprint that will be history..it's not the kings and queens of yesterday..we are making history right now...or just then.
I just want...hmmmm that is huge...where in our lives to we become totally at peace and at ease? When do the problems and struggles and issues go away? Is it always going to be a battle to find peace? Or is that what you have when the lights go out and you get to rest your weary head and make room for tommorrows fun and problems.
A new day is tomorrow..live everyday and take every day one step at a time..it's the only way to do it. Appreciate EVERYTHING you have because you are grateful not because you earned it. Don't dwell on problems....solve them and get to the good parts.
Peace Out God Bless,
RKDRUMDUDE

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost cried reading this. I think what stopped me, is my "lymewire" song ended.
Everything is in life is meant to be.
You were meant to travel southwest. You had to do this for you, for your family. It has brought you to a recognizition in life. Everything happens at its appointed time. You will be back here with all your loving family and friends at your appointed time, and not until then. I actually miss you and what was her name... Michelle...that's it. I miss you guys. You are both fun people that alot of people loved. Everthing will be okay and work out exactly as its supposed to.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can see that i was kidding in my last comment.... "what was her name"......
I am pushing love your way.....

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wussy fest!

I expect it from the Gopher, but come on Drumdude! Buck up! Be a man! You made your bed now sleep in it.

Life may or may not get easier but contentment and wisdom comes when you realize the grass isn't greener on the other side of the hill. If the grass is greener over there, it only means that you forgot to water it on this side.

MK buddy. Keep on keeping on. See ya when we see ya. :)

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if we would have listened to our parents when they said "enjoy being a kid, and "you think you got it bad now, just wait, we may have prepared ourselves better and had alot more memories. Of course the same sayings still apply today. Enjoy being, and it will be alot worse, when we die.

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh Big Dog..I'm not complaining..I'm just stating the obvious..geesh... first you give me a hard time about blogging..then when I blog I take a bunch a crap...if I was ther I would..... sit by the firepit and have a drink and a smoke with ya.
RKDrumdude

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always a chair waiting for you buddy.

And if we run out of chairs... Michelle is always welcome on my lap.

;)

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes,we all remember the craziest things from the past, and who would of thunk that we would now say those we the great times?...meeting a bunch of long haired crazy guys!!!(if Kaitlin ever comes home with guys like that.....)Although I did meet my other half.
I don't think the problems or the struggles ever go away. If you think back, even the good old days had many struggles. Some may not seem so bad now, but ooooweee they seemed bad at the time. We just focus on the good parts to remember.
Now get your behinds back here so we can start making some better GOOD OLD TIMES!!!!!!

LOVE AND KISSES

MARY

p.s. yes this is the first time i posted

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!

That really is Mary! I thought it was someone else just saying they were Mary, but she really wrote that.

Good job Mary!

Wonder if that was the last time we will ever see her post...

;)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Deur said...

Good stuff Menard and missing you guys. It was good connecting briefly over the phone.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Deur said...

Or is it Maynard (from the commercial.) Oops - this isn't worth people's time, but oh well.

Big Dog - go easy on me.

DUUUUUDE!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not saying anything.

I was just wondering why you called him a home improvement store.

Maynard was Dobie gillis's friend.

Or are you talking about Vern's friend Maynard.

Oh... Now I'm getting confused.

;-)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Deur said...

It was a commercial from my childhood and I didn't know what it was about... But, here is the description I found

A little boy has an imaginary friend named "Maynard." The boy's father persuades the kid to try Malt-O-Meal by telling the imaginary friend' "Good Stuff, Maynard."

The good ole days.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just get yer fannies home already! Pack up dem kids, and get a move on before you miss another coast guard. Remember how when you made your mind up that you were moving you didn't let anything stand in your way??? Just do the same in reverse! We all missed you guys at coast guard. Ask Mark, Brian and Bill what you missed out on when we found a phone.:) You woulda wanted in on that action. Luv ya,
Lori

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I thought you were updating this. Just want to make sure you are all doing well.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, time for an update! You promised.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home