Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sunshine on my Shoulders makes me Happy



So I'm thinking as I walk outside in my shorts and t-shirt to get the mail, the sun in my face and the salty ocean air blowing a nice breeze through what little hair I have left on my head, do I miss the snow? Uh..no, I don't miss my nose hairs feeling like ice or my fingers and feet going numb as I drove to work in the morning. I don't miss my lungs hurting as I took a deep breathe of icy air. I don't miss my snowblower that I gave away with a smile on my face. I don't miss shoveling our steps and chipping the hard parts from the top where the heat hit it and turned it to ice. I don't miss the snow going up my sleeves as I got all the snow off both cars every morning. I don't miss the snowplows who never let me finish the end of the driveway before they made me start over and over and over. I don't miss all of the near death experiences I had walking down those icy ramp steps that lead to my driveway in the morning(pre coffee). I don't miss anything having to do with that darn ice and snow and cold temperatures through the winter months.
But I do miss everything else and everybody.

Hope everyone who reads this blog has a safe, healthy, and family time Merry Christmas.

Peace Out &
God Bless
RKDrumdude

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog told us nothing about how you guys are doing. Hope everyone is well. The snow hasant been that bad. Brandon is loving it cause he is plowing. The kids have to miss playing in the snow even if you dont miss it. Let me tell Ya i sure was thinking about you guys when I was brushing off my car on Monday and it was blowing snow. I was thinking I could use some sunshine. But all is well here. You guys traveling for the holidays? Take care

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you too man.Have a good one stay happy and safe.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To bad you only have 2 seasons there. (Summer and a little cooler than summer).The snow is beautiful here. It was big huge flakes. I hope I get a snowmobile for Christmas. (Hint)Of course I probably won't feel that way in another month, or so. We do miss you guys. I haven't got my haircut yet. I was hoping you guys would be back by now. I may need to fly out just for a haircut. Or maybe Michelle could fly here. How about this weekend?

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea Brent is really starting to look like Ringo.

Snow is great! Just ask any school age kid. Can I get a SNOW DAY!? :D

What do you guys get out there? Earthquake days? LOL.

Miss ya.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...as I'm singing Christmas songs with the kids while driving them to school today, I couldn't help but wonder if the lyrics have been tweaked for you west coasters. Like maybe...Dashing down to Starbucks, on my souped up scooter board, over sidewalk cracks I go, dodging the meth heads. Ho, Ho, Ho, Or how about Jingle bells, my flip flops smell, from wearing them year round, etc...
Merry Christmas!
The Cramer Clan

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I would stop in and say hi. Are you still alive? How was your warm Christmas. We had one also. Happy New Year

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home