Saturday, January 28, 2006

Double Vision


The Choice Is Ours


One summer afternoon I climbed a hill near my home. When I reached the top, I stretched out on the grass to relax.

Turning my head to one side, my eyes focused on some blades of grass within inches of my face. This short-range focus not only strained my eyes, but it blurred my view of anything beyond the end of my nose. So I began to adjust my focus, and then the distant city came into view instead. I found I could shift my sights from near to far at will. The choice was mine.

In today's Bible reading, the apostle Paul emphasized that followers of Christ need to keep eternity in view. He wrote, "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2). We can choose where to put our focus.

We can succumb to selfish, earthbound thoughts, blurring our view of anything beyond the end of our nose. Or we can gaze through this sinful scene and fix our attention on things above, where Christ is seated at God's right hand—and we with Him! Then, and only then, are we in a position to see what's most important in life.

Only the mind set on things above can say no to sin and yes to holiness. The choice is ours. —Joanie Yoder

Daily devotionals are awesome..this was today and it made me think even more of vision and what keeps us aware..and puts hope in our ordinary lives. Something to look forward to..something to work for...something to share..I just want to tell everyone that I feel great and I am a Jesus Freak~!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful... For if you focus too far beyond your nose you will fail to see that which is right in front of you.

You could walk right into a wall, or off a cliff and that can really cause some serious damage to your nose. (You might even lose it completely) ;-)

I, personally, believe it is better to focus within one's self and understand as much about ourselves as possible, before we look to fulfil our far off dreams and fantasies.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

I have already fullfilled my dreams and fantasies...you were in both..you don't even remember do you??

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!
good one wade.


Burn!!!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's only a burn if it's not true. And in this case... Well we may never know.

I love you too my little dreamer. ;-)

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOG ALREADY!

JEEZE! Were not getting any younger here!

:-P

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.finishingtouchhairremoval.info/Genital_hair_removal_survey.html Advance electrolysis hair laser removal Binghamton lasik chlorine remover hair Genital hair removal advice interior design sex toys restraints la clinique laser hair removal Permanent hair remover hair removal sugaring hair removal Peugeot speedfight exhaust peugeot 406 saloon tail light http://www.hair-removal-28.info/Nj-laser-hair-removal.html Best push bras

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Concord home security systems aquamarine jewelry sets search engine placement Jenna jameson lesbin savaria wheelchair lift http://www.credit-cards-27.info Construction loan with take out 1997 dance hits meridia http://www.reviewsdetectorsradar.info Farmers insurance group credit Wheel chair lift autobiles Ingenierie surveillance Palm beach rhinoplasty Free laser hair removal new jersey

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home