Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Take this job and .....

O.K. so I have currently been at my place of employment for about 14 years.. I have always met or exceeded my boss' expectations of my particular job..until now. The boss I currently have has no feelings whatsoever or respect for other human beings...my last boss was awesome and the boss I have now was the one responsible for firing the good boss. I was a great worker with above average reviews and then it happened.....my boss doesn't particularly care for me because I explained to him that he should treat individuals the way he would want to be treated...soooo here I am stuck in my department ( due to my poor review no one else would acknowledge a posting) and I am stuck with this boss for another year.....I feel I am in need of another job soon...I feel they are trying to get rid of the others and me because we have feelings and play fair. We have gone to his boss and tried to explain this but they are close friends..isnt that wonderful? So if any one out there in blogdom knows of a job in sales or anything that would keep me from going back into a factory(HELL)...please let me know.
Part of me is thinking I should stick it out and do my best for another year..and the other part of me is saying...you have been a cooperate ladder and if you havent amounted to anything in 14 years what makes you think you have a chance now? hmmm My head hurts....some people don't even have jobs...are they broke? Are they happy? Does a job that makes you money make you happy?? What if your job makes you money but you are not happy at all. How am I going to provide for my family if I lose my job? I shoulda went to college......I am in the process of a nervous beakdown I believe......If everyone gets a chance..could they do me a favor and prayor whatever it is you do... for me ..and that I find a job soon that I can use my knowledge and gifts at....something that I can do to help others...something that I can get paid by not just money but by self worth and satisfaction.
I have done hard work and factory labor for all this time...spent the last 14 years on a concrete floor making money for others and not even coming close to making anyone happy except those around me most of the time. Never met any customers..never got any thanks..always can you do this? How about this? Sorry bout that...that's the way it goes.
Soapbox sniffling,
RKdrumdude out

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good and bad bosses come and go. Very rarely will you have to put up with a bad one for very long and, unfortunately, the good ones are either promoted away or run over by office politics...

I'm not trying to discourage you from moving on to bigger and better things, but I must reiterate... Do "NOT" quit your job without another job already lined up, and hope something will fall into your lap.

Trying to make ends meet while worrying where your next paycheck will come from is a sure way to many different hardships including, but not limited to: borrowing from friends and relatives, Welfare, substance abuse, foreclosures, bankruptcy, divorce, hungry children, becoming homeless and having to live in a van down by the river!

Most of the above dillemas can be avoided by a regular income from a secure job. Figure out what you want to do and then educate yourself on how to best do it, then go out and find work related to your want.

All I'm saying is have a plan. This is not something you should be doing on a wing and a prayer...

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wade,
Sometimes in life you just have to kiss ass to someone you don't really want to just to get by until something better comes along. You do what you have to do to earn your money for your family for now. While you are working at this current place (while being friendly and positive) , look elsewhere, but don't treat your bosses bad now , otherwise you could be out the door tomorrow. That is just my opinion on how life works. I've seen it happen to alot of good people.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wade, You gat a friend in me. Ill be here for you if you need it. God loves you dude. Oh and he knew that this was going to be before time begain. see ya tomorrow buddy QC G

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Longbed nissan Business start voip 2001 chrysler town country recall jogging social aspects Lopez butt cellulite colorado sweaters Car dvd player system car cash loan title Goddess of t shirts Srjc ca Cases for msi k8n diamond plus

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! flossmoor dental insurance Fishing report houston tx accounting system Medlineplus drug information butalbital acetamin Gallery body building pic http://www.mcse-training-centers.info Discount dental plans aurora co cheap dental plans sleep talking Tennis court flooring http://www.montgomery-ward-appliances.info/under-counter-black-coffee-makers.html Alcohol sauna

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home