Thursday, April 14, 2005

Under Pressure

So here I am again..blogging about not much of anything.
Let me start off first by saying that we have booked some major camping plans for the summer and can't wait to go hike with the kids.
Second, I am unbelievably overly excited and overwhelmed to know that I will soon see Da Roach and his wife soon enough as they have announced they are returning to Watermark.....c'mon all you non-believers who read my blog...with a name like Roach..how could he not be one of the coolest people you know!!
Family is doing awesome....work is still work and I can only pray that my job is as close to the depths of hell as I will ever know. It's not bad...shoulda went to college I guess.. it just seems that as hard as I work physically every day and come home with aching back and sore feet....how much longer can I keep my head up. So the wife and I have decided that I find a new job....maybe a pizza delivery guy or a pro golfer(like Steve). I just need the benefits that have now. After being at HMI for 15 years I feel that there is no or little room for advancement and I have been topped out on the payscale since my third year there. I have learned alot of things and met some really cool people along the way....I just want a job where I can make a difference and feel like I did something for someone...I AM thankful I even have a job.....but it's way hard to stay happy when everyone else is on anti- depressants. The money is nice but I just feel that I'm capable of so much more. Am I selling myself short by remaining there? I know it's all part of Gods plans but I think there is another path coming my way...and even if it's really small and bushes and vines are growing through it...I'm taking it.
I am so looking forward to spending more time with Da Roach.......
Thinking of a new video movie...Camping with the Roach

May God Bless You All
and Peace Out

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Become a preacher or whatever they may call it at your church. I think you would be good at it and get alot of people involved in the heart. What do you think?? Am i off my rocker???

6:15 PM  
Blogger Arkay said...

No I have often considered it...maybe at a different gathering or church.. we have too many at Watermark as it is!

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bout a panhandler in down town Grand Haven? You could play your drum and dance silly dances for all the tourists in the summertime, and then in the Winter you could hybernate.

Look. You gots to pay your bills and take care of your family. Very few people, truly, enjoy their jobs, and most of the ones that do... Don't really need to work anyway. When you are happy on the inside it won't matter much where you work.

If you feel you have to leave though at least take your time and do it right. Don't quit your job with nothing to replace it's income and think you are going to be happier. (You Wont!)

You know I have often wondered why someone with your personality was not in sales. You would probably do very good in real estate. Keep working where you are, and take some classes to learn about selling houses. Now try to sell a few and see if you will like it before you quit your job.

I'm telling you your place is in sales, but it needs to be sales to strangers don't try to sell to family and friends. That's a good way to anger them. (Rainbow vacumes, Amway, pyramid schemes, etc... these are bad!)

Good luck with your mid-life crises buddy!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Deur said...

gopher girl - good thoughts - Wade already is a preacher! :)

Wade - remember... we all are ministers... you can't have too many! :) you are the pastor of joy!

Dog - great wisdom and insights. I especially enjoyed the no family or friends sell on the Amway thing!

Maybe you slowly look into some other options...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Deur said...

OR open up an Outback Steakhouse with all of us bloggers and you can be our live Didge player!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

Dude...with a little re arranging this could be a christian song..check it..
Everyone's watchin' to see what you will do
Everyone's lookin' at you, Oh
Everyone's wonderin' will you come out tonight
Everyone's tryin' to get it right, get it right

Everybody's workin' for the weekend
Everybody wants a new romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, Oh

You want a piece of my heart
you better start from the start
you wanna be in the show
c'mon baby let's go

Everyone's lookin' to see if it was you
Everyone wants you to come through
Everyone's hopin' it'll all work out
Everyone's waiting to hold you out

Everybody's workin' for the weekend
Everybody wants a new romance, hey yeah
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, Oh

You want a piece of my heart
you better start from the start
you wanna be in the show
c'mon baby let's go

Hey

You want a piece of my heart
you better start from the start
you wanna be in the show
c'mon baby let's go

You want a piece of my heart
you better start from the start
you wanna be in the show
c'mon baby let's go

4:26 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

Dude...we are takin this on the road..

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Studies media influence cosmetic surgery Tenuate price comparison http://www.indoortvantenna9.info/shirts-with-built-in-bras.html the school for scandal Dunkin &aposs diamonds 2008 subaru wrx impreza rugs area 1998 ford crown victoria consumer comments

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Baccarat crystal candelabra cire area contemporary rug Bextra online without a prescription crappie fishing tennessee lake lodge Condo rentals in hawaii reverse cellular phone numbers Nh golf coarses debt negotiation versus debt management

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home