Tuesday, March 15, 2005

There Ain't No Sunshine

So Michelles Grandmother passed away this last weekend in an auto accident. She flew out of GR Sunday morning and is coming home Wednesday night. We miss her and Payton...please pray that they will return safely and for Judy family and friends.
Everything is going well in the life of the drumdude..the sermon was awesome as expected. Trying to figure out things that are puzzling to me. Why is everyone so concerned about everyone else. One of the biggest problems people seem to have about believing in God is that what about a monk in Tibet that has devoted his whole life to his faith? What if no one ever told him about Christianity? This is a question I have always wondered about. When he dies does he go to hell because he hasn't accepted God as his god? As Christians we care so much about other people so would it be wise to go to Tibet and teach? We are disciples and we were created to worship and fulfill the will of God. Any answers in Blogsville?
So I kept D out of her 1/2 day of school today and we are hangin out at home. Call it a personal Daddy snowday. That has a ring to it. Figure she might learn more in three hours at home with me than three hours in school...what?
Well i gotta go and hang with the youngins'.
Accoustic Sunday this weekend.. I wish Big Dog and his family and Steve and Andrea and the girls and Brian and Brenda and the kids and Eric and his new wife(CONGRATS) and anyone else I failed to mention would at least come out to one of our services and if nothing else...watch me and Mike play some cool songs. Faith is not going to be pushed on you...and if you go five times in a row you get a pair of purple sneakers, a majestic golden laced robe, and a card that lets you sit in the front seat when the ufo comes to take us....just kidding. I can say that you will meet some awesome individuals and possibly even have a good time(free food too). Then I had a thought....if any of you were a musician..and you were playing somewhere...there is not much that I could think of that would keep me away from coming to see you....at least once. Isn't that what friends are for?
Rkdrumdude
Callin' all Ya'll Out,
Waitin' for Excuses
God Bless

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!? I didn't know drummers were considered mucisicians. Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! You learn something new every day. ;-)

Hey we came and saw you play at the coffee shop that time, and if you were any good they would have had you back. (Just kidding. LOL...)

Maybe Mary and the kids can come visit one of your gatherings sometime, but I'm afraid I can't.

It's nothing personal I just can not enter the house of YHWH. If I do my skin begins to get prickley and hot, I begin breaking out in huge open sores, It becomes very difficult to breathe, and I feel like I am going to throw up. If I stay past this point my body starts to shut down. I expierence a loss of vision and a great cacophony explodes inside my head. And if all that is not enough... Inevitably there is always this incessant smiling, hand-shaking, and a sugary sweet kindness saturates everything.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

I'm sorry dude, but I will either have to wait until the next coffee shop performance or get an Exorcism.

;-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

I am not a drummer...I am a accoustic percussionist. Check spelling on musician. I know people who can perform an excorsism if you are intrested just let me know. I'd like to do anythng I could to help. LOL

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also came to see you play more than once so don't give me that. Your just trying to trick me so you can all hold me down and baptize me or some such thing. Plus God and I have a deal he doesn't bug me on my day off and I don't bug him on his.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Arkay said...

O.K. Now that I realize that I have overstepped onto some really meaningful excuses. If you hold your breath.. baptisms are kinda fun. Big Dog those sores and hives you get? They are constantly coming out with new antibiotics all the time especially for that reason. They go away after awhile...mine did...and let me tell you...it was well worth it. Maybe you guys can come see me at Prueblos on a Friday. I just sound better with a PA system.
Well if you ever change your mind or a deal is broken...there will always be an open seat for my buds at Watermark.
You guys are awesome!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Deur said...

Very funny! I am sorry some of you fellas have had crappy stuff happen (I am assuming) that put you off church and church people.

Anyways - I like hanging with ya all on the web!

Dummer dude - I need to come watch you play sometime at Prueblos. See you Sunday and remember to wear pants this time. :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Deur said...

I MEANT DRUMMER DUDE! Sorry. I think I just opened up a Big Dog opportunity. ;)

Wade you are the man!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dummer dude.I think it was a Freudian slip.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wade,
Why does your religion believe that people will go to hell if they dont believe in your god? There are many different cultures and religions,and gods thru out this world. I just have a big problem with that, I dont think I would like to visit your place of worship. People who believe in Buddha dont feel like they have to go to others and teach them. They are at peace with themselves and their beliefs. I am not writting this to anger anyone, Im just simply expressing my opinion, so please just take as that. I would like to see you play , however, but I m with Big Dog. I would have to see you play at a another place. That is my peace. Talk to you later.
Gophergrll.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmmm... I was just kiddin around. I'm not really scared of church or church people. (Well not most of them anyway. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.)

I'm not above coming to one of your gatherings. I'm sure it is an enjoyable day of friendly fellowship. I just don't see any practical purpose in doing so.

If I already have a good dependable car I enjoy driving, why would I go to a car auction? You know what I mean? It's not that I don't like or appreciate how nice a car you got. It's just that I'm happy and content with mine.

That doesn't mean we can't go cruisin down the same roads, and park next to each other at the parking lots.

Don't get too serious on us here Gopher Girl. You might make me cry.

And a very BIG thank you to the Deurty Dude for my new nickname for my buddy Wade. From this day forward you shall be known as "Dummer Dude!"

I'm going to make some shirts up. Get your orders in soon I have a feeling they are going to go fast...

;-) (I only tease the ones I love!) :-)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know the new car comparison is a good one cuase I've known Wade for 27 years know and he's always been like that. He got a new bike and you had to ride it to this day if he gets a new pair of shoes or a new jacket he has to have me try then on. But it's that excitement over the seemingly mundane and the total love of life that makes Wade Wade and thats a big part of why we love him. Don't ever change buddy.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

Sniff sniff...thanks man...you guys are awesome ( girls too). I am excited just to get 10 comments on my blog. Thanks to all of you for listing your excuses...your peace...your deals...and your love. If ever you change your minds let it be known that this drumdude will always be sure of there being an open seat (or baptism pool lol) to accomodate any or all of you at any Watermark gathering session. So glad I know you all and consider you friends.

Tryin not to sound cheesy,
RKdrumdude

11:29 AM  
Blogger Deur said...

I was waiting for the "freudian" comment! It hit fast! And Big dog - thanks for the props. I do expect a little kick back on the t-shirt sales (I'll give it to charity of course.) :)

Make mine a long sleeve because this winter is sticking around!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home