Thursday, March 17, 2005

THE JOKER

So work is work and weekends are weekends. I had a great day at work today and I thought I might share it.
Ever wonder about temporary services like Manpower and Addeco? Where do you suppose they get these people. I have worked through Manpower and to tell you the truth....it wasn't great money but it was a job..and at the time I didn't have anything else. So today at my workplace , we get an individual with some tattoos, a younger kid maybe 20 or something, from the hours of 6- 10 a.m. we train this newbie and teach him what to do. He does a great job..is friendly and seems intelligent enough. After our 9:00 break we continue to work and about twenty minutes into it it, he grabs his jacket and goes outside ( we are thinking.. maybe he went out for a smoke). Our boss sees him go outside and follows him to tell him we only smoke on breaktimes(except management) and he should come back in and remain productive. No sooner does our boss open the door.. then..this temp...starts running as fast as he can to his car...gets in...and drives off never to be seen again. I was laughing hysterically ( almost peed myself). I felt like yelling at him, "RUN FASTER.. AND BRING BACK HELP!!" Doesn't take much to excite me I guess. I'm thinking..wow...if I could do that...I would...I was kinda envious until I came back to our house..in our Jeep...to our kids....and our dog....and my wife....doubtful any of this would have happened if not for an employer for the last 15 years.
I read something today...about a guy who put a big black dot on a piece of paper. He held it up and ask others what they saw... most said a big black dot or a black mark. They all just didn't get it..It was a piece of paper..so many times in life it's like we are looking at the doughnut holes instead of the doughnut. So many times we are so worried about what will happen and what we will get.. and how we will get it. Instead of what we have...how much we should appreciate everything we have..and how blessed we are to have everything we have. Too much in this world goes un noticed and looked over. When was the last time...you really took the time to watch a sunrise with your family......or a sunset? When was the last time you hugged your kids or spouse and told them you loved them and got teary eyed because you meant it soooo much? When was the last time you took a long hard look at everything you had to be thankful for....and was happy about it?
On the soapbox
steppin' down
Peace Out
RKDRUMDUDE (with a "r" after the first "d") what?

4 Comments:

Blogger Deur said...

Great thoughts bro!
sd

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely words indeed Mr. Dumdude. :-D

I left a job once when I was a kid, (I had given it a chance at least. It was like my second week there.) It was just a lot harder work than I thought it was going to be and I didn't think I could handle doing it day in and day out.

I didn't just run off though... You see I was taught not to burn your bridges so instead of just running out the door I said I was not feeling well and requested to leave. After getting home and sleeping on it and my dad giving me a lecture I raalized it would be best if I went back and finished what I started. If I still felt I couldn't hack it then I would do the right thing and give my two weeks notice... This is how I was raised.

Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do so, later, you can do the things you do. Wise words but hard to live by.

Oh and by the way I would see a person holding a piece of paper with a black dot on it. You need to see the whole picture not just the doughnut or the doughnut hole, but both combined and that which they exsist in.

The Dummer Dude is my hero!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost two weeks now, and still nothing new!

I guess this guy won't post unless provoked.

You have two days! If nothing new is posted within that time... Well... Let's just say I won't be responsible for what happens.

You have been warned. >:-|

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Redhead and blowjob rio mp3 players home page Engine marketing optimize search Russian goat fur seat covers Fioricet butalbital order c o d Woman in the director chair forex future prices quotes

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home