Friday, February 25, 2005

Vacation

Well,
our wondeful friends got a great deal on a condo and asked us if we would accomodate them to this little place down south of the border. We thought about it...did some financing...and for the money..it was clear to us it was a bargain indeed. We had to pay for our flight and some food..lodging free.. how could we be rude and decline? So Saturday (this one) Michelle and Payton and myself are off to...Puerto Vallarta Mexico for a whole week. I feel the hardest decision I will be making is....am I really hot from all this sun??...am I really hot enough to jump in that pool??
So I will be returning back to the frozen tundra next Saturday.....it will be my main priority to search for a blog topic while snorkeling and hiking and relaxing by the pool.
Please pray that we have a safe trip and a safe return and that our kids remain healthy and good in the care of our family members.
Found this quote the other day online...had to share it....
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun Wade! Keep a close eye on Michelle too, I hear there are a lot of studly young men down there that spend all their time seducing young American women, while thir husbands are snorkling or swimming in a pool...
:-)

Hey! I gots an idea why don't we do a scavenger hunt? We all come up with something for you to get a picture of, and then you see how many you can get. It would make for a fun slide show of your trip.

Ok. I'll go first: Get a picture of a "Mexican midget smoking a cigar and giving the peace sign"

5:34 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

Yeah...I'll see what I can do!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

That's a great story about "the lama." What's that from?

I'd like a picture of a crispy, bright red gringo laying in the sun. I love it when people haven't exposed their skin to the sun in months go and totally radiate themselves.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quote is from "caddyshack" !!!LOL.
Have fun in Meheeecooo... I am wishing I could be there too.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La espalda bienvenida Wade. Espere que usted tuviera mucha diversión. Espere que la esposa no corriera con algún chico mexicano de cabaña.

Ha sido mucho tiempo tan usted mejor empieza Blogging pronto.

¿Adivina qué? Soy un papá otra vez. ¡Salude Ian!

: -) http://www.freetranslation.com/

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home