Monday, January 10, 2005

O.K. Let's talk about this

One at a time on the comment page...it's intended purpose is solely to add suggestions, opinions, and some of the most humorous statements ending in "what"?( U know who you r).
Today I am blogging..first time since Christmas. I am thinking how can I make it worth your while? How can I make this blog so interesting and try to break my record for 11 comments? I could talk about how my PACKERS choked on Viking smoke. At least I'm not a Lions Fan(yet).
I could simply ramble on about things that have occured in my life since Christmas but that would be short and somewhat boring(to some).
I will tell you that on Friday nights I will be playing a gig from 5 to 8 at a hip new restaurant with a guitar player that is unbelievably good and extremely talented. E-mail me for location....too many anonymous commenters..they could be stalkers!!
Work is same ol' same ol'! Diversity training taught me....that I am a people person. Go figure..I thought I was an introvert..NOT. Turns out that I am the exact same person that I was before I even went to the class...maybe a little more wired on caffeine, a little chubbier from the doughnuts..but I am the same as I was before I went. Figure that one out.
For some goofy unknown reason I found the song that I want played at my funeral...why do I think of these things? I DON'T KNOW!! I was just in the car listening to it and thought that ALL my friends would enjoy this song IF they got the meaning...it might even be a little helpful on my way out. Thinking about stuff that doesn't make sense...is that possible? Doesn't everything make sense..if you think about it?
Saturday Night at 5 p.m. I am attending a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament at Brians house. I have been in two tournaments and placed 2nd and 1st. Am I nervous?..Would I tell you if I was? Probably not..This is me trying not to get a swelled head. The first tourney I played was a lot of luck...second ..I feel I am getting better simply because I am becoming more aware of the odds of the hands and the patience involved....This tourney is open to fellow bloggers if you are interested call me...if you are a friend you have my number, if you are not a friend..please remain anonymous and don't get involved.
I am curious to see if Boo has taught her cat any new tricks...
Going to Moto Monday night with a friends kid and possibly my nephew..will be a fun time I'm sure. Gonna try real hard to make it to the gathering on Sunday..then we are meeting with( as Big Dog calls him) our Spiritual Leader and his wife...then it is off to the RV show with the kids.
GO STEELERS!!
Song for my funeral follows
Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before
Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to moveI dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself
Lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before


Nuff' Said
God Bless and Peace Out
Back on the Beat Again

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hip new restaurant with a guitar player"

You guys aren't going to do Smelly Cat are you? :-D

I hope you do well in the Hold'em tourny, but I can tell you right now you will not be #1. I have reserved that spot for myself.

Maybe next time though... ;-)

BigDog

6:50 PM  
Blogger C-Man said...

i don't post anonymously. it seems mousey to me. is that a word? I only put that comment in because the former commenter said the music died and i know you like putting in song lyrics.

dude, i really just love hearing about what God is doing in your life.

Rock on.....
c-man

5:23 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I too am sad about the lackluster performance by Favre and my packers...it would seem that he thought he was a Lion's QB, throwing 4 interceptions

8:16 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Packers suck. Favre needs to retire.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I remember the last time you were playing Texas Hold'em at my house. It was three in the morning and you got a very angry call from your wifey. That was funny. None of us were laughing because we've all been there. But that was funny.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Lions!!

Hey Wade, I thought I was the only one that thought of songs I would like played at my funeral. About every month or so I have steve listen to another Steve Nicks song and say" I want this one played at my funeral". Glad im not the only weirdo , LOL! J/K.

cya Saturday......
Gophergrll
www.gophergrll.com

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! frontless bra Pre owned hummer victoria secret bra http://www.tadalafilbialisfromindia.info/Lingerie_free_nude.html

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home