Monday, August 09, 2004

Workin' for the weekend

What an awesome weekend it was!! Took Friday off to take the youngins to the Carnival and a great time was had(even the really big carny guy yelling at everyone elses kids). Friday night was incredible..BATTLE OF THE BANDS!!! I am not at all biased when I say that out of the four bands we heard, Mesa County were the only ones with understandable lyrics( sometimes I continue reminding myself that we are progressing as a culture in the music industry). The other bands rocked but in a different sort of....unimaginable way...it was all my six year old daughter could do to hold her hands over her ears as we went to the car and headed home.
Saturday was spent preparing the fruit and canopy and blankets and chairs and kids and friends and sandwiches and water and snacks and cameras and phones for the wonderful parade. This year was O.K. I think they need more High School Bands or at least some more musical talent..maybe they could mix the Battle of the Bands with the Parade and call it BATTLE PARADE!!! WAY COOL YEH?
After the parade we came home regrouped and headed to an ol' friends house for swimming an awesome food from master chef REMI. Poker, swimming, eating, chatting, spending time together...all this and when you thought it couldn't get any better I got one thing for ya!!!! FIREWORKS The best I've seen in quite awhile. The expression alone on the face of LIL' G made my heart putter. Outside of missing a great sermon from the Lankmiester on Sunday everything else was great!! Sorry I missed Sunday...can I get that on AUDIO? Late nights and kids and pregnant wifes do not go hand in hand. My wife has been a real champ through her pregnancy...No complaints..no getting moody.. I am reminded every day by her actions, the reason it took me thirty years to find such a gem!
Well gotta bail..go and spend some time wth the kids!!
This is bloggerdedogger Arkay saying," God Bless..Peace Out..and have a pleasant tomorrow".

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Recordings coming soon. But sounds like you were busy BEING THE CHURCH with your friends. Way cool.

I agree on the parade thing. More music/bands, less space between floats, and more FlavaIces. Oh wait, scratch that last one.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Deur said...

DUDE!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog.Its cool to work with ya DUDE! nice thumpping on the towers. gs

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it intermec barcode scanner real celebrity upskirts moms upskirts Chula vista dental plans Big tits castle adipex problems with cell phones Lung cancer chemotherapy celebrex 2005 Victorian slips upskirts pictures stockings latin dress Www pamela anderson it Guide to golf courses Green tea and high blood pressure Amateur interracial forum porristas upskirts Disney channel tv schedule

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home